Social media is full of spectacular food hypes. But are they as tasty as they look in real life? In the Yay or Nay videos I’m going to debunk the latest food trends to see if it is worth it for you to try it at home. In the first episode I’m going to try Cereal Pancakes!
And what do you think? Would you give Cereal Pancakes a Yay or a Nay?
let me know in the comments or check the recipe down below to try it out for yourself.
Cereal Pancakes recipe for 1 serving
- 1 cup all purpose flour (120g)
- 1/4 cup milk (60 ml)
- 1/4 cup full fat Greek yogurt (70g)
- 1,5 tbsp whisked egg
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Oil to grease the pan
How it’s done
1. Put the dry ingredients into the bowl and whisk it together.
2. Add the Greek yogurt, milk and egg and whisk until combined.
3. Transfer the Pancake batter into a squeeze bottle.
4. Grease the pan with a little bit of oil and heat the pan on medium high heat.
5. Squeeze little drops of pancake batter into the pan until the pan is full. turn the mini pancakes when the top starts to dry or little air bubbles form. The tiny pancakes cook fast so make sure to keep an eye on the heat, adjust the temperature accordingly and flip the pancakes fast enough.
6. Repeat the baking process until all the pancake batter is baked. Put the pancake cereal in a bowl and add some milk and syrup before serving.
Serving suggestion: Extra toppings such as fresh fruit, nuts or chocolate are a tasty addition.
If you like to make stacked pancakes, check out this recipe for fluffy spelt pancakes. 🥞
This video was a pilot edition. So I’m really curious to find out what you think about it. Let me know in the comment below if you’d like to see a next episode. If you made this Cereal Pancakes recipe, please share your creation with me @TalesofPastry.
MegAugust 18, 2020 at 6:18 pm
I tried your cereal pancake recipe and it did not come out right. Super dry, almost like a biscuit batter. I had to double to milk and egg to get a smoother consistency, however there was still lumps left because it was so dry. Sorry your recipe is not good.
Jamie PendersAugust 18, 2020 at 5:02 pm
Hi Meg, cool that you tried my cereal pancake recipe. I’m so sorry to hear that your pancake batter did not come out right. The ingredient amounts and order of adding each ingredient are completely the same as in the video tutorial. Did you not miss out on the yogurt? Did you perhaps use another type of flour?
Super Quick Brunch Cruffins - Recipe - Tales of PastrySeptember 20, 2020 at 7:26 am
[…] could add some Friendship Waffles, Cereal Pancakes or Fluffy Spelt Pancakes 🥞 to make your Brunch […]
Chunky Monkey Granola - Chocolate, Banana, Peanut butter & Walnuts - Tales of PastryMarch 12, 2021 at 10:07 am
[…] If you like to make more brekfast cereal recipes, check out this Homemade Granola with pecan & hazelnut or Cereal Pancakes! […]