What is better than the fluffy goodness of a stack of pancakes in the morning? But for instance, after a good workout, you might be craving for something more nutritious. So an option would be to replace all-purpose flour with wholemeal flour for extra fibers. But in the end, you also want to get super fluffy pancakes instead of flat ones. That’s why I created a recipe that both includes fibers and an easy trick to create the most fluffy spelled pancakes.
Ingredients for 8 – 10 pancakes
• 100ml milk or substitute
• 80g wholemeal Spelt flour
• 20g all-purpose flour
• 2 eggs
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 apple
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• Pinch of salt
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tbsp coconut sugar
• Frying pan or crêpe pan
• 2 Mixing bowls
How it’s done
1. Separate the eggs and whisk together the egg yolks, salt, baking powder, all-purpose flour, wholemeal Spelt flour, and half of the milk together in a bowl.
2. Sweeten the batter with cinnamon, vanilla extract and coconut sugar, add the rest of the milk and whisk together until combined.
3. Peel, halve and core the apple, cut it into little cubes an add the apple cubes to the batter.
4. Clean a bowl with lemon juice to make sure it is fat-free. Add the egg whites and whisk them until medium to strong peaks form. In case you use a bowl with fatty residues it is possible that the egg whites will have difficulties with getting stiff or the formed peaks can collapse.
5. Fold the egge whites in three steps through the pancake batter and transfer it into a jug.
6. Heat a pan on the stove with ghee, coconut oil, or sunflower oil. I used Ghee because it has a very high smoking point en will not burn or blacken while baking the pancakes.
7. Pour rounds of batter in the pan and bake the pancakes for about 1-2 minutes or until small bubbles start to appear on top of the pancakes. Flip the pancakes over and bake until both sides are golden brown and the pancakes have risen to about 1 cm. Repeat until the batter is used up.
Serve with fruit, yogurt and honey for breakfast or lunch or eat plain as a snack. I would love to hear what you think about this recipe and feel welcome to share your creations or suggestions @TalesofPastry or #TalesofPastry.
Yay or Nay? - Cereal Pancakes video - Tales of PastryAugust 12, 2020 at 11:39 am
[…] you like to make stacked pancakes, check out this recipe for fluffy spelt pancakes. […]
Gluten-free Banana breakfast waffles - Tales of PastryDecember 28, 2020 at 8:56 pm
[…] If you liked these Gluten-free Banana breakfast waffles, you might also like these Ultimate Friendship waffles or these Fluffy Spelt Pancakes! […]
Super Quick Brunch Cruffins - Recipe - Tales of PastryJanuary 11, 2021 at 12:51 pm
[…] could add some Friendship Waffles, Cereal Pancakes or Fluffy Spelt Pancakes 🥞 to make your Brunch […]