Breakfast was never my favorite meal of the day. But that changed when I found out that ice cream for breakfast is a real thing. And you don’t have to worry about the nutrients. They’ve got you covered! This Chocolate Banana Nice Cream tastes as creamy and indulging as real chocolate ice cream. Except it’s made of bananas instead of cream. Top it off with your favorite toppings and your breakfast Sundae is complete. Or eat it as a (midnight)snack. Just make sure you have some frozen bananas stocked in your freezer at any time.
Recipe for 1 serving
For the Chocolate banana Nice cream
- 2 bananas (approx. 200g)
- 100g full-fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp cocoa & hazelnut peanut spread
For the topping
- 1/2 tbsp cocoa & hazelnut peanut spread
- Chocolate chunks
- Chopped walnuts
- Banana chips
- Food processor/blender or
- hand blender with beaker
- Chopping board
How it’s done
1. Peel the bananas and thinly slice them. Freeze the banana slices in a storage container or zip-lock bag for at least 2 hours or overnight. Make sure the slices are separated from each other.
2. Add the frozen banana slices into the food processor or a blender beaker, add the cocoa & hazelnut peanut spread on top, followed by the Greek yogurt.
3. Blend until completely smooth. Occasionally stopping to stir and scrape the sides will help get the mixture evenly blended. The texture will be like soft-serve ice cream.
4. Scoop the chocolate banana nice cream into a bowl and drizzle some cocoa & hazelnut peanut spread on top. Top it off with some chocolate chunks, chopped walnuts, and banana chips.
Made this Chocolate Banana Nice Cream? Let me know what you think of this frozen delight in the comments down below and share your creation with me @TalesofPastry.