This Black Forest cocoa granola with Dark chocolate chunks and black cherries is the cherry on your cake, breakfast or dessert. Inspired by the German Black Forest cake, this granola is perfectly combined with fresh cherries and creamy yoghurt or vanilla ice cream.
Ingredients for 1 big jar of Black Forest Granola
- 200g rolled oats
- 100g honey* (5 tbsp)
- 75 ml vegetable oil (5 tbsp)
- 35g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- 1/4 tsp ground sea salt
- 100g dark chocolate
- 100g dried cherries
*For this recipe I used a combination of cherry blossom honey and Balsam honey.
How it’s done!
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C/320°F fan and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
2. Add all the ingredients except for the chocolate and the cherries to a bowl and mix it until evenly distributed.
3. Spread the granola mixture with a spatula on the prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake the granola for 15-20 minutes. Give it a stir halfway baking to brown the granola evenly.
5. Let the granola cool down completely.
6. Chop the dark chocolate and mix it with the dried cherries trough the granola.
7. Store the Granola with Chocolate & Cherries in a large jar or airtight container upto 1 month.
Serving suggestion: The Black Forest Granola goes very well with dark cherries and creamy yogurt or vanilla ice cream. Or use the granola for your dessert or smoothie bowl.
If you like to make more Granola varyities, try this Sesame, Almond, Pistachio & Orange blossom Granola or Chunky Monkey Granola with Chocolate, Banana, Peanut butter & Walnuts.
Did you make this Black Forest Granola with Chocolate & Cherries? Let me know in the comments down below if you liked it and feel free to drop any questions or suggestions. I’d love to see your creations. So share them with me @Talesofpastry (Insta + FB) or Tales-Of-Pastry (Reddit).
SweetooAugust 24, 2022 at 6:26 am
WOw! thanks you very much for sharing this amazing recipe with us. Lovely post! Keep sharing like this one in future. waiting for your next amazing post…
Jamie PendersNovember 25, 2022 at 3:09 pm
Thank you so much! Hope you enjoy it 😊 It has been a little quiet over here with new recipes. But still loads to enjoy!