My favorite Banana Bread is tender and fluffy. So unlike the confusing name, more like a cake than a bread. This Chocolate chip Banana Bread is an easy one-bowl recipe. In which the magic trick is the low and slow baking. Not much equipment needed and barely any washing up!
Ingredients for 1 Banana bread
- 450g really ripe bananas (5-6)
- 100g light brown sugar
- 75g cane sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 120 ml sunflower oil
- 1,5 tsp vanilla extract
- 270g flour
- 1,5 tsp cinnamon
- 1,5 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground sea salt
- 75g dark chocolate rocks/chips
- Mixing bowl
- 21×13 cm/8×5 inch loaf pan (LxW)
- 1 sheet baking paper
- Alumminium foil
Make sure to use bananas which are very ripe. The skin should be brown and the fruit should be very soft.
If you use a baking tin with other measurements (for instance, longer buth less wide and high) the baking time will differ. So make sure to keep checking the Banana Bread with a cake tester.
How it’s done!
1. Preheat the oven to 165°C/330°F fan and line the baking tin with baking paper.
2. Peel the bananas, put them in the mixing bowl and mash them with a fork until smooth. 🍌
3. Add the sugars and the eggs and beat until combined. Just use the fork or the spatula.
4. Add the vanilla extract, salt and oil, and mix until combined.
5. Sift the flower, cinnamon and baking powder above the bowl and mix until incorporated.
6. Add the dark chocolate rocks/chips and stir them trough the batter.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake the Chocolate Chip Banana Bread for 1 hour.
8. Cover the Banana Bread with alluminium foil (to avoid the top from burning) and punch some holes in it (so excess moisture can escape). Put the Banana Bread back into the oven for 30 minutes.
9. Let the Chocolate Chip Banana Bread completely cool down on a wire rack with the aluminium foil still on top. This way the heath of the baking tin will slowly steam-cook the inside of the Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. Be patient, this can take at least an hour.
If you liked this Chocolate chip Banana Bread, then these Gluten-free Banana Breakfast Waffles or Apple, Banana Brownie Cookies might be something for you too. 🍌
Did you make this Chocolate chip Banana Bread? Let me know in the comments down below if you liked it and feel free to drop any questions or suggestions. I’d love to see your creations. So share them with me @Talesofpastry (Insta + FB) or Tales-Of-Pastry (Reddit).