This Super Quick Brunch Cruffins Recipe only takes 3 essential ingredients. Jazz them up with some chestnut cream and shaved almonds. A perfect Brunch snack that will certainly impress your guests.
Ingredients for 6 Cruffins
• 1 can of croissant dough (340g)
• 50g white sugar
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• Optionally: chestnut cream
• Optionally: shaved almonds
• 6 cup muffin pan
• Chopping board
How it’s done
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/390°F and grease your muffin pan with butter or oil.
2. Open the can of croissant dough and mix the sugar and cinnamon on a plate.
3. Roll the roll of croissant dough into the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
4. Cut the sugared croissant roll into 6 even slices. Dip each side of the 6 slices in the sugar cinnamon/mixture and place the slices into the cups.
5. Bake the Cruffins for 15-20 minutes in the preheated oven. Carefully take the Cruffins out of the muffin pan and serve warm or at room temperature.
Serving tip: Add a teaspoon of chestnut cream on top of each Cronut and decorate with some shaved almonds.
You could add some Friendship Waffles, Cereal Pancakes or Fluffy Spelt Pancakes 🥞 to make your Brunch complete!
Did you make these Super Quick Brunch Cruffins? I’d love to see your Cruffin creations. Share them with me @Talesofpastry. Let me know in the comments below if you have any questions or suggestions.
Daniel HoughtalingSeptember 22, 2020 at 9:21 pm
Just made these, turned out great! My 6 yr old daughter loved them.
I used Annie’s Crescent roll dough. It is only 220 grams for a roll so they turned out as 6 bit sized muffins but worked better for the kids anyways.
390*F for 15 minutes was perfect for the smaller size portion I used.
Jamie PendersSeptember 23, 2020 at 5:42 am
Thank you so much for leaving a comment with this variation to the recipe. Great Suggest for everyone using 220 grams of dough!
I’m very happy to hear that it turned out great and that your daughter loved them. Makes my day 😊