Oh the lovely warming smell of roasted nuts and spices in the morning. It feels both cozy and luxurious to make and eat your own Homemade Granola with pecan & hazelnut. It’s ready within 30 minutes and a delight to add to your breakfast, fruit salad, or desserts.
Ingredients for 1 big jar of Granola
- 200g rolled oats
- 100g pecans
- 100g hazelnuts
- 20g flax seeds
- 5 tbsp honey
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Speculaas spices
- 1/4 tsp ground sea salt
- Baking sheet
- Baking paper
- Mixing bowl
*You can substitute the Speculaas spices by Pumpkin spice.
How it’s done!
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F fan and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
2. Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix it until evenly distributed.
Tip: For this recipe I used chestnut honey and forest honey. They are a bit darker in color and very caramelly fragrant. It’s wort it to use good quality honey.
3. Spread the granola mixture with a spatula on the prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake the granola for 15-20 minutes. Keep an eye on the granola while baking to avoid burning.
5. Let the granola cool down completely and store it in a large jar or airtight container upto 1 month.
Serving suggestion: Serve the Homemade Granola with pecan & hazelnut, with fresh fruit, yogurt, or oats.
If you like to make more breakfast bakes such as Breakfast Cheesecake or Breakfast waffles, click here, to discover more!
Did you make this Homemade Granola with pecan & hazelnut? Let me know in the comments down below if you liked it and feel free to drop any questions or suggestions. I’d love to see your creations. So share them with me @Talesofpastry (Insta + FB) or Tales-Of-Pastry (Reddit).