These Orange, Olive oil & Orange blossom Cupcakes bring sunshine into your home. They’re super quick and easy to whip up. And perfect if you like to bake a small batch of cupcakes. Enjoy these fluffy cupcakes with a nice citrusy and flowery scent.
Recipe for 6 Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes
- 100g olive oil
- 100g flour
- 80g white sugar
- 1 large egg
- Zest of 1/2 orange
- 1 tsp orange blossom water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
For the Orange, Orange blossom icing
- 50g powdered sugar
- 1 tsp orange juice
- 1/2 tsp orange blossom water
- Standmixer or whisk
- Mixing bowl
- 6 cup cupcake pan
- 6 cupcake cups
- Small dish
- Fork or spoon
- Citrus grater
- Optional: Piping bag
- Optional: Round piping tip
How it’s done
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C/320°F. Line a 6 cup cupcake pan with cupcake cups.
2. Beat the egg with the sugar until pale. Add the olive oil, orange zest, orange blossom water and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
3. Add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix until incorporated.
4. Divide the cake batter over the cupcake cups and bake them for 18-20 minutes. Let them cool down before adding the icing.
5. Make the icing by mixing the powdered sugar with the orange juice and the orange blossom water. It needs to have a really thick consistency. So if you added too much liquid, just add some more powdered sugar.
6. Put the icing in a piping bag with a round tip and pipe nice coin sized circles of icing on each cupcake (holding the piping bag straight up).
7. Decorate the cupcakes by adding some extra orange zest or edible flower leaves such as marigold.
You might also like these festive Champagne Cupcakes with Marshmallow fluff & Licor 43 Caramel.
Did you whip up these Orange, Olive oil & Orange blossom cupcakes? Let me know in the comments down below if you have any questions or suggestions. Share your creations @Talesofpastry.
Almond, Semolina, Orange Drizzle cakes - Tales of PastryAugust 30, 2020 at 7:43 am
[…] If you loved this recipe, you may also like these Orange, Olive oil & Orange blossom Cupcakes. […]