The best start of the day is in my opinion with a tasty breakfast. I grew up with simple sandwiches and plain yogurt with granola, which both did not excite me very much. It was until a year or 2 ago that I really discovered the fun in making and eating breakfast and even started to look forward to it. These crispy Greek yogurt breakfast waffles are a party on a plate and very nutritious at the same time! And when you make them upfront they do not only have to be a weekend special.
Ingredients for 8 Greek yogurt breakfast Waffles
- 250g flour
- 200 ml milk
- 150g Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs (110g)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Butter or oil to grease
- Greek yogurt
- Fresh berries
- Shaved almonds
- Waffle iron
- Mixing bowl
How it’s done!
1. Preheat the waffle iron.
2. Give the eggs, Greek yogurt, honey, vanilla extract and milk a good whisk until well combined.
3. Add the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk until combined.
4. Grease the waffle iron with butter or oil.
5. Fill the waffle iron with the batter (do not fill it up until the edges or it will spill over the edges of the waffle iron) and bake until golden brown. This will take 4-7 minutes, depending on your waffle iron. The longer you bake the waffles, the crispier.
* I used the Tefal Snack Collection (not sponsored) which has no heath modes or settings. The duration of baking depends on your waffle iron and how soft or crispy you prefer your waffles.
6. Top the waffles With a scoop of Greek yogurt, some fresh berries and shaved almonds.
Storage: You can keep the waffles for up to 2 days in an airtight container or ziplock bag. Or freeze them for up to 3 months. The waffles will lose its crunch but this can easily be fixed by putting them back on the preheated waffle iron for a minute.
Tried these Greek yogurt breakfast waffles? Let me know in the comments down below if you liked them and feel free to drop any questions or suggestions. It always makes me happy to see photos of your creations. So share them with me @Talesofpastry (Insta + FB) or Tales-Of-Pastry (Reddit).