Homemade ice cream without the fuss of using an ice cream machine. The flavor of these No Churn Orange Ice Cream cups is similar to Creamsicle or Split ice cream. Enjoy it in the summer sun or serve it as a popping Dessert at a festive (Thanksgiving or Christmas) Dinner.
Ingredients for 6 servings
For the orange cups
- 6 oranges
For the no churn Orange Ice cream
- 1 can of cold condensed milk (approx. 400g)
- 500 ml cold whipping cream (35% fat)
- zest of 1 orange
- 125 ml orange juice
- 1 tbsp orange liqueur
- Pinch of sea salt
For the decorative topping
- 6 mint tops
- Zest of 1/2 orange
Beware: For this recipe you need 8 oranges in total!
- Chopping board
- Kitchen knife
- 2 mixing bowls
- 1 medium sized bowl
- Electric mixer with wire whisk(s)
- Can opener
- Brownie tin
How it’s done
1. Cut off the top of 6 oranges like a lid you can lift up. Work a spoon around the inner edges of the oranges to scoop out the pulp of the oranges. You do not have to scoop out the pulp of the orange lids. (It can take a little bit more or less effort depending on your oranges. But be careful not to slip with you spoon. This could damage the orange peel.) Collect the orange pulp and juice in a bowl.
2. In one bowl whip the cream until stiff/firm. In another bowl mix the condensed milk, orange juice (Use the juice of the scooped-out orange pulp), orange zest, orange liquor and salt with a spatula.
3. Fold a couple of scoops of the whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture to loosen it up. Then add the rest of the whipped cream and gently fold it in.
4. Place the hollowed-out oranges in a brownie tin (or same size plastic container). Fill the oranges with the orange cream. Place the lids of the oranges next to the corresponding oranges and freeze the Orange Cream cups for at least 4 hours or overnight.
5. Take the Orange Ice Cream cups out of the freezer, 10 minutes before serving. This way the Orange Ice Cream is nicely scoopable. Push the orange lids slightly diagonally into the ice cream. Top the Orange Ice Cream cups off with some freshly zested orange and some mint leaves.
Fancy some more orange iciness? Try these Orange & Passion Fruit Frosty Treats. More into frozen yogurt? Check out these 3 frozen yogurt recipes. And if you like ice cream for breakfast: Chocolate Banana Nice cream.
Made these No churn Orange Ice Cream cups? Drop a comment down below with any questions or suggestions. Share your Orange icy treats with me @TalesofPastry.