Every now and then I need some balance between all the sweet bakes that I make but still want to bake something tasty. These Gluten-free Banana breakfast waffles are full of fibers and a tasty, healthy option to start your day! They are sugar-free but feel free to go wild with syrups if you prefer.
Ingredients for 6 Banana waffles
- 190g gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ripe banana
- 200 ml milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Butter or oil to grease
- 1 banana sliced
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- Waffle iron
How it’s done!
1. Preheat the waffle iron.
2. Put the rolled oats in a blender and blend into flour. (You can also substitute this step by using gluten free oat flour.)
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend into a smooth batter.
4. Grease the waffle iron with butter or oil.
5. Fill the waffle iron with the batter and bake for at least 5 minutes and up to 7-8 minutes if you like crispier waffles. (Do not open the waffle iron in the first 3 minutes of baking as the waffle can break open.
* I used the Tefal Snack Collection (not sponsored) which has no heath modes or settings. The duration of baking depends on your waffle iron and how soft or crispy you prefer your waffles.
6. Decorate the waffles by drizzling melted peanut butter on top (melting it for a couple of minutes in the microwave will help it get a little bit more saucy consistency.), add banana slices and chopped walnuts.
Storage: You can keep the waffles for up to 2 days in an airtight container or ziplock bag. Or freeze them for up to 3 months. The waffles will lose its crunch but this can easily be fixed by putting them back on the preheated waffle iron for a minute.
Tried these Gluten-free Banana breakfast waffles? Let me know in the comments down below if you liked them and feel free to drop any questions or suggestions. It always makes me happy to see photos of your creations. So share them with me @Talesofpastry (Insta + FB) or Tales-Of-Pastry (Reddit).