The challenge is to always try to turn everything into a dessert. So why not turn nachos into a sweet dessert? You can share it (or you don’t), you can dip it, scoop up nice fruity fillings and basically top it off with every sweet thing you like. It may sound like a piece of heaven on earth. And yes it actually is. But then much more feasible. You just need some tortilla wraps, sweet toppings, an oven, and your good to go. Or just follow this recipe to make it even easier. Sweet Cinnamon Dessert Nachos With Fruit Salsa & Caramel Sauce recipe.
Sweet Cinnamon Dessert Nachos With Fruit Salsa & Caramel Sauce
• 6 large tortilla wraps
• 50ml olive oil
• 50g sugar
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1/2 mango
• 350g of strawberries
• Caramel sauce
• Baking tray
• Baking brush
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C and line the baking tray with baking paper.
2. Cut the tortilla wraps in nacho sized triangles and divide them over the prepared baking tray.
3. Mix the cinnamon trough the sugar. Brush the tortilla triangles with a pastry brush with the olive oil and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the nachos.
4. Bake the nachos for 7-10 minutes in the oven until their golden brown. Just keep an eye on the nachos after 5 minutes, because the sugar on the nachos makes them brown (or burn) faster.
5. While the nachos are in the oven, remove the crowns of the strawberries, peel the mango and remove the mango stone.
6. Cut the strawberries and mango in very tiny pieces of about half a cm and mix them together.
7. If all the sweet nachos are baked arrange them over a large serving plate. Add the fruit on top and drizzle with caramel sauce. You can use an ordinary store-bought caramel sauce. A squeeze bottle can come in handy, but if your sauce is to thick you can also dilute the caramel sauce with a little bit of water and drizzle the sauce on the nachos with a small spoon or fork.
8. You can decorate the nachos with some fresh mint leaves and serve a small dish with some extra caramel sauce to dip the nachos in.
💖 Healthy tip: When you leave out the sugar and caramel sauce these nachos can easily be eaten as a healthy snack or shared breakfast.
What recipes should I turn into a dessert next? Let me know your wildest ideas in the comments below 😀 . I would be stoked to see your creations so please do share them @TalesofPastry or #talesofpastry.
Strawberry Victoria Sponge Cake Recipe - Tales of PastryJune 19, 2020 at 7:48 am
[…] Can’t get enough of strawberry desserts? Check out the recipe for Sweet Cinnamon Dessert Nachos with Fruit Salsa and Caramel Sauce. […]