Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. That is what makes these Crazy delicious Coconut Macaroons stand out! I never was a big fan of coconut until I found out that the quality of the coconut you use makes a really big difference. So give it a try and thank me later! 😉
Ingredients for 14 Coconut Macaroons
- 200g dried grated coconut
- 175g sugar
- 120g egg white (4 eggs)
- 2 tbsp honey
- Pinch of salt
- Ice cream scoop
- Baking sheet
- Baking paper
How it’s done!
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/340°F Fan and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
2. Add all the ingredients into the saucepan and mix it with a spatula until combined.
3. Heat the mixture on medium-low heat while continuously stirring, until all the ingredients are dissolved and the mixture starts to stick to the bottom of the pan. This just takes a couple of minutes.
4. Take the pan of the heat and let the mixture cool down a bit. Just give it a minute or 10.
5. Scoop little balls of the Coconut Macaroon mixture with an ice cream scoop onto the prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake the Coconut Macaroons for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Turn the baking sheet mid baking to get an evenly brown crust on each Coconut Macaroon. Also: Keep an eye on the oven while they are baking, to prevent burnt tops or edges.
Storage instructions: It is best to eat these Coconut Macaroons fresh because after a day, the outside will lose its crisp. But if you do keep them (longen) then store them in an airtight container or cookie tin.
If you like more tropical recipes, check this Coconut, Ginger & Jackfruit tart, this No-bake Mango, Passion fruit breakfast Cheesecake or these No-Churn Orange Ice Cream cups.
Tried these Crazy delicious Coconut Macaroons? Let me know in the comments down below if you liked it and feel free to drop any questions or suggestions. It always makes me happy to see photos of your creations. So share them with me @Talesofpastry (Insta + FB) or Tales-Of-Pastry (Reddit).